9/23/2011

Sometimes...

... I dream of an empty New York City. Of a train waiting for me every morning at my local subway stop. The MTA employee would welcome me from his booth with a large smile and a fancy “Bonjour Mademoiselle”. I would jump in the train and choose one of the multiple comfy seats facing me. And it would smell GOOD.

The train would go straight to Penn Station where I usually get off and start walking to my workplace.

No suspicious packages, No works on the tracks, No sick customers, No delays because of the train in front of us, No inappropriate sexual conducts. And No "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am not selling money for no basketball team. I am just trying to stay off the streets and raise a little cash..."

I would walk on 33rd Street without trying to avoid the 563 persons waiting on line for their Bolt Bus. The Starbucks barista would be waiting for me with my Apple Fritter/Skinny Caramel Macchiato ready.

My life wouldn’t be threatened anymore by those umbrella weapons on a rainy day.

And I would get to my office. EARLY.




No comments: